[PLUG] Monorail 3D audio...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Thu Mar 11 09:18:15 UTC 2010

Has anyone gotten this to work properly in Slackware 10.1?

I believe that Monorail 3D audio is OPTi931 based.  I have trouble
with oops messages on boot when the onboard sound card is enabled.
I've tried tweaking isapnp.conf to see if using IRQ 7 for the MPU-401
feature instead of 9 or 10 will work.  Still, I didn't have an
isapnp.conf last time I booted and Slackware tried to configure the
card just the same, unsuccessfully I might add.  Googling around,
I've run into something about needing to statically, non PnP,
configure this card.  I don't know how to do this unless there
is a driver for freedos which is what I boot Slackware from.

Has anyone gotten Monorail built-in 3D Audio to work in Linux?

Monorail would probably still be around if the company had been smart
enough to integrate hardware that works with Linux and smart enough to
offer an LCD monitor upgrade for those who want to play Doom.  Oh well.