[PLUG] Google Fiber Demonstration this Saturday, 9AM

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Thu Mar 18 05:19:28 UTC 2010

Apologies for activist propaganda, particularly if you don't live or
work within the Portland city limits, but as members of the geek
community the rest of you I consider you part of the target
demographic:

  http://www.pdxcommunityfiber.com/2010/03/17/portland-attempts-world-record-to-get-google%E2%80%99s-attention/

We are trying to demonstrate the hunger in Portland of ordinary people
for fiber-to-the-home to Google (who may decide to build a test-bed
network here) and to the City Council (who may be convinced to help
get it built even if Google chooses somewhere else).

We have an awesome video of Ward Cunningham talking about why it's so
important:

  http://www.pdxcommunityfiber.com/2010/03/10/ward-cunningham-on-community-fiber/

We are encouraging any/all people to come to this event this Saturday
at 9am at NW Couch and Naito Parkway (Front Avenue) and help us
demonstrate that Portlanders want open-access 1Gbps fiber connections
to their homes and businesses.  I was not consulted about the
time-of-day, so don't blame me.

Tell your friends, family and neighbors.  Set your alarm clock.  Help
fiber-to-the premises happen in Portland.

Thanks!

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net