[PLUG] QT 4 designer big picture

Wayne E. Van Loon Sr. wevl at pacifier.com
Fri Mar 19 17:24:21 UTC 2010

I am trying to use the designer tool in QT 4. I have a basic little
window with a menu bar. I want to create some pop-up windows that are
generated by clicking on items in my menu bar.

Using QT 3 and C++, I could easily do this. Can anyone give me the big
picture type stuff as to how one does this with the QT designer?

For example, do I create another window using the designer and then in
my main window constructor connect the clicked() slot in the menu bar to
to a main window slot that builds the new window? This would seem like
the reasonable way to do this, but I'm not sure how.

I have to go out of town this afternoon (10-03-19) so if anyone asks any
questions of me, it may be tomorrow morning before I can answer.

Wayne