[PLUG] New error in X...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sat Mar 20 21:58:38 UTC 2010

X Error of failed request:  BadLength (poly request too large or
internal Xlib length error)
  Major opcode of failed request:  65 (X_PolyLine)
  Serial number of failed request:  11

I get this any time I try to run dirkdashing, RickRocket, openoffice,
dungeons of daggorath (dod), and potentially other X programs will
also fail to run.  I assumed the recent kernel upgrade was to blame
and forcibly downgraded to 2.6.18-92.el5, but that didn't help.
I am using AMD's proprietary linux driver for my ATI HD 3450 Radeon.
I'm wondering what else could have caused this as obviously it wasn't
the kernel upgrade.