[PLUG] Fedora 12 Host Name

Dwight Hubbard dwight.hubbard at efausol.com
Tue Mar 23 06:11:12 UTC 2010

1. Change the hostname in /etc/sysconfig/network
2. Generally it's good to make sure the hostname is in /etc/hosts
3. Make the changes take affect, either reboot (easiest way if you're
logged in remotely), restart networking (simple if it's a local box) or
using the hostname command.  Rebooting is however the safest option,
some stuff such as X-windows doesn't like the hostname changing while
it's running.