[PLUG] Strange NFS problem...

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Tue Mar 30 01:44:34 UTC 2010

> Are you sure that you are getting an IP address?
> Pxelinux only loads the info from the server and passes the args to the kernel.
> If the kernel args don't have the proper info, you will get this type of thing.
> I still think '--ip=dhcp' is wrong.  Should be 'ip=dhcp'.
>
> Does the client machine have more than one network interface?
> If this is the case the boot interface may not have access to the
> correct network and
> pxelinux doesn't know that.
>
> Have you tried it without all the deny rules and doing ALL:ALL for allow?
> When this is happening have you looked at the logs to determine if
> there was any
> denied access?
>
> Have you tried monitoring from the server with tcpdump or wireshark?

Thanks Larry, the -- needed to be taken out.  Now I need to modify the
startup scripts and fstab so that I can get past the filesystem check
stage.  Anyone know of a HOWTO that discusses modifying the stock
scripts of an LFS system for NFS root?  Is there a slick way to slip
in a different fstab for network booting that what I would use for
local booting?