[PLUG] Is anyone in the group doing cross-development?

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Tue Mar 30 13:06:04 UTC 2010

I do embedded Linux and the only time I have used windows for that to to
access the Linux servers (that was a strange setup).  Mostly it's all
done with Linux.  First question what if any tools does the provider of
your board or processor provide.

OpenOCD was developed on Linux and is well supported there (search for
OpenOCD).

You should be able to get an SDK (or an LDK or a fooDK) and there should
be a version that runs under Linux.  I have rolled my own SDK with
Buildroot  http://buildroot.uclibc.org/.

If you have any questions drop me a line setting up a development
environment is not all that hard, but there are a lot of little fiddly
bits.

--
"In years past, I knew of someone who used emacs as
his login shell, the only thing he found wanting in