[PLUG] Ubuntu 10.04 Install Problems

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Mon May 3 12:31:46 UTC 2010

Jason Barnett wrote:
> Sounds like a corrupt image.  Did you verify the cd media using the option
> during boot-up?

There was an option to do something of that sort after the burn, but I
clicked the wrong button and it went away. I don't remember that as an
option during the install.

> Is this an upgrade or a clean install?

Clean. A couple of weeks ago I installed Ubuntu 9 on it successfully.
Before that it had XP.

I briefly tried to test the drive, but was reminded that the partition
needs to be unmounted to do so. This morning I remembered that the CD
can be run live, so I'll do that when after dinner, tonight.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens