[PLUG] Ubuntu 10.04 Install Problems

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Tue May 4 01:13:38 UTC 2010

Jason Barnett wrote:
> When you boot from the CD, after you select your language, there is an
> option to check the media for errors.  This is what you want to use.

Just did that. And also ran md5sum against the iso (I know, I should
have done that before I burned the CD. The md5sum matched the published
one. Both were successful.

> If the media checks fine, then I would try the install again.  I have seen
> weirder things happen.  Doing a fsck on your drive probably wouldn't be a
> bad idea either.

I thought I'd be able to run fsck from the live CD, but it wants me to
log in. I haven't seen anything anywhere to use as the user name and
password. I tried guest with no password, ubuntu with no password, and
the username I used when I installed 10.04 on that machine. None of them
work.

Does someone know which doormat to lift up to find the key?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens