[PLUG] 'buntus

Bruce kd7vvk at gmail.com
Wed May 5 01:42:26 UTC 2010

All,

Thank you for the thoughtful responses to my questions about a
"misguided article" that I had read.  You folks always find a way to dig
to the heart of an issue.

The one real concern I had was if the 'buntus were going the way of
Microsoft.  As far as Canonical making money...more power to them.  I
too am happy with Ubuntu.  It just works.  Like many pointed out, I have
been using the 'buntus long enough to have figured out how to configure
them to my satisfaction.  I am also running Fedora 12 and find it to be
stable and fast for the things I am doing.

One of my goals is to continue learning more about Linux.  Like most of
us, I have limited time and, for now, that means finding different
distributions and learning them.  You all provided some ideas for the
next selections.  I have dabbled a bit with Sidux and will probably
return to it at some point.

I just finally found a few moments to go back and read all the replies
in one shot.  I wanted to say thanks for the thoughtful replies!

Bruce