[PLUG] Ubuntu 10.04 Install Problems

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Thu May 6 02:57:56 UTC 2010

I decided to try a Kubuntu install along side of the Ubuntu install. The
installation was more successful this time, but only in the sense that I
didn't get a screen full of error messages.

Unfortunately, Kubuntu 10.04 suffers from the same problem as Ubuntu
10.04 -- when installed on my machine, ymmv. I can get to the login
screen, but when I try logging in I'm returned to the login screen. This
time, when trying to log in via failsafe mode, the machine hangs.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd like to hear them.

Thanks.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens