[PLUG] debian must-have sources

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.net
Thu May 6 18:27:16 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 09:09:07AM -0600, Carlos Konstanski wrote:
> Are there any words to the wise, for instance a list of sources I
> should add to sources.list?

Which tree, "stable" or "unstable"? I've always preferred stable for
servers, since it's generally less of a hassle (timely security
updates, without the need for much maintenance otherwise).
backports.org usually suffices when I need a version of a package
that's less ancient than what Debian has in the stable tree.

http://backports.org/

The only source I usually add to my desktop (unstable) systems is
debian-multimedia.org (codecs, players, etc.).

http://www.debian-multimedia.org/

--
Paul