[PLUG] Grub Gripe

MJang mike at mommabears.com
Fri May 7 19:10:48 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-05-07 at 11:10 -0700, m0gely wrote:
> WAYNE VAN LOON SR wrote:
> > Now what is it that is so bad about LILO?
>
> It's no longer maintained as of years ago?

Yup, last stable release as of Feb 2007. Nevertheless, LPI still tests
LILO in its Level 1 and 2 exams. Despite objections, some of the people
behind LPI claim that LILO is still in common use.

Last I checked, LILO doesn't support encrypted password protection,
making it a rather weak bootloader w/r/t security. But that's just me.
I'm half wondering if/when to move to TrustedGRUB.

Thanks,
Mike