[PLUG] debian squezze: stderr spewage

chris (fool) mccraw gently at gmail.com
Thu May 13 16:17:37 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 22:01, Carlos Konstanski
<ckonstanski at pippiandcarlos.com> wrote:

> Thanks! I found this in there:
>
> #
> # Emergencies are sent to everybody logged in.
> #
> *.emerg                *
>
> and commented it out. I'll see if it did the trick tomorrow. I'm at home
> right now, and it appears that ssh shells aren't being spammed.

If it didn't help, don't forget to restart your syslogger before
losing hope.  From a brief glance it appears that kill -HUP won't work
on rsyslog due to the way it drops privileges upon startup (so it
can't read protected files and reopen privileged sockets once it's
done that).