[PLUG] SANS Portland discount

Hal Pomeranz hal at deer-run.com
Fri May 21 23:53:06 UTC 2010

SANS is going to be running a small conference in Portland at the end
of August (http://www.sans.org/portland-2010/).  They're running a
discount for local user groups, and even I prevailed upon the SANS
folks to consider us folks down here in Eugene and Corvallis "locals"
as far as the discount is concerned.

So if you sign up for the conference with the discount code "PTL250",
you get $250 off the normal conference fees.  You can "stack" this
discount with the normal $400 early reg discount as long as you sign
up by the early reg deadline of July 14.  That's better than 15% off
the full conference rate.

The conference includes the new Network Forensics class (For558) which
has been getting rave reviews.  For558 attendees get to take home a
free Lenovo IdeaPad S10 pre-loaded with VMware, Snort, and lots of
other cool tools.  The conference is also running SANS' popular Hacker
Techniques class (Sec504) which is being taught this time by the truly
awesome Mike Poor.  In addition, there's Dr. Eric Cole's new
Enterprise Defender class (Sec501), as well as the SANS CISSP prep
class (MGT-414), which last I heard was still cranking out something
like a 98% CISSP exam pass rate by SANS attendees.

Hope you get a chance to take advantage of this local training
opportunity and the discount that goes with it...

--Hal