[PLUG] NFS losing server problem...

Someone plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sun May 23 04:25:15 UTC 2010

I have my server running at 100 mb/s connected to a Netgear 8 port
10/100 switch where one of the ports is linked to a 10 MB hub and
from there the client machine with a RealTek 8029 10 MB nic card is
connected.

Using a gpxe cdrom, I get a PXE boot going and everything seems fine
till it is time to mount the root filesystem.  I get errors that the
NFS server is not responding interspersed with OK messages.

Possibilities:

1) The speed change from 100 mbps to 10 mbps is the problem.

2) The nic is bad, though it works in Windows okay.

3) The sync mount option is causing a problem.

/nfsroot/lfs/lfsp3/tuna       \
tuna.robinson-west.com(rw,no_root_squash,sync)

I've been trying to following the NFS site for troubleshooting,
but I'm not getting enough information on exactly what is
causing the server to be inaccessible.

I have tried bypassing the hub, didn't make any difference.