[PLUG] NFS losing server problem...

frank hunt fh-linux at frankhunt.com
Sun May 23 20:02:45 UTC 2010

You should forget the hub and replace it with a switch.  Hubs are "dumb"
devices with no arbitration capability which can lead to packet
collisions, retransmissions, slower less efficient networking.  Hubs
merely take the incoming signal and blast it out on all the other ports.
  They also (I think I remember) run in only half-duplex.  If your
network cards are not smart enough to figure out the duplex issue, you
will have additional problems.