[PLUG] NFS losing server problem...

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Sun May 23 21:28:30 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 12:15:35PM -0700, Michael C. Robinson wrote:
> Apparently, you can't put a 10 mbps hub between a 10/100 Netgear switch
> and a 10mbps network card.

Actually, you can, but in this case, taking the hub and its associated
cabling out of the loop fixed your problem for now.  I seem to remember
that you have a bunch of marginal cable that won't work at 100Mbps.

> Taking the hub out, I got network booting, NFS root, to work.

Great!  Run with it and don't look back.  Life's too short to fight with
marginal cabling or hardware.