[PLUG] on line TV service?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun May 30 07:16:57 UTC 2010

>On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 7:37 PM, John Jason Jordan
><johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 May 2010 16:34:50 -0700
>> Isaac Lewis <ikelewis678 at gmail.com> dijo:
>>
>>>Try Hulu.com. It has lots of shows.
>>
>> That will work for Debra, as she has a 32-bit computer. I have a
>> 64-bit computer and 64-bit Linux. Hulu gives an error message "sorry
>> we are unable to stream this video." Hulu.com is the only place
>> where the problem exists. It is well documented with much sighing
>> and wringing of hands, but no solutions. That is, unless you want to
>> load a 32-bit chroot or do some other finagling.

On Sat, 29 May 2010 20:13:51 -0700
Erik Lane <eriklane at gmail.com> dijo:

>I know it might not be as clean as you like, but with something like
>that I use the Windows version of Firefox under Wine and it works just
>fine. This is on a year old computer, though. I'm not sure if it needs
>very much processor power to do that. If you need I can install it on
>my slower computer and see how it works. (But it wouldn't take much
>for you to install it yourself and see if your computer is enough.)

I guess I didn't make something clear: I don't give a rat's patootie
about television. That 64-bit flash works perfectly everywhere except
Hulu is just fine with me. My comment was only for the benefit of
64-bit Linux users for whom television has value.