[PLUG] Hauppauge WinTV GO 190...

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Mon May 31 06:33:54 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-05-30 at 15:19 -0700, Someone wrote:
> Is this card capable of supporting the Play Station II at full speed?
>
> Are there stereo to RCA adapters, or do I have to do something else for
> sound?  Does this card support stereo sound or am I going to be stuck
> mixing the left and right channels?
>
> There is a $20.99 with $7.99 shipping buy it now auction on EBay for
> this very card in an unopened original box.
>
> I'm leery of buying another Hauppauge TV tuner card only to find that
> this one doesn't work either for what I'm intending to use it for.
>
> I have the Hauppauge PVR 150 which sort of works, but the video is
> delayed so much that the games are unplayable.

I don't want this card, it only supports mono sound reproduction.

I am trying to run a Play Station II through a tv capture card.
Will the PVR 150 I have which has a delay issue work better in my
3.06 Ghz P4 with 1.5 gigs of ram than it does in my P3 450 system
with 384 megs of ram?  If I can solve the problem by moving the
card to a faster machine and using MythTV, then maybe I should do
that.

Can anyone say definitively that they have played Play Station II
through a capture card successfully and exactly which capture card
that is?  Will Play Station II designed for SDTV work on a flat
panel LCD or plasma HDTV?