[PLUG] memtest86: Help Needed

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Nov 1 13:28:30 UTC 2010

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010, Bill Barry wrote:

> If you want to test your memory you should use memtest86+, not memtest86.
> There is a forum for discussing memtest86+ here.
> http://forum.canardpc.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73

Bill,

   Well, I downloaded the bootable .iso, bootable .gz, and source. Other than
detailed instructions on how to make a bootable USB flash drive I find no
instructions on how to run it from the lilo boot memory or anything else.
Strange that the web site has nothing on how to run it and interpret output.

   I think I'd rather burn a cd-rom with the ,iso than use a 1G flash drive
for this.

   Have you any suggestions based on your experiences?

Thanks,