[PLUG] /etc/fstab: Fedora-13: Virtual Box mounting CD process?

Loren Davis LorenDavis at comcast.net
Tue Nov 2 16:58:55 UTC 2010

I'm running F13 in Oracle VM VirtualBox. I'm trying to implement a bash
backup script to backup to CD but am having CD problems of some sort.
My configuration auto-detects and mounts a CD if it has data on it but I've
yet to figure out how to mount a blank CD.
I'm currently focusing on adding a /dev/cdrom line to /etc/fstab and would
like some advice as what should be here for this. OR if you have another
idea or process for sorting this out let me know about that.
Thanks,
Loren

I've tried the following:
/dev/sr0   /media/cdrom   udf,iso9660   defaults   0 0
/dev/sr0   /media/cdrom   udf,iso9660   noauto,owner,kugzu,rw 0 0
/dev/loop0   /media/cdrom   udf,iso9660   defaults   0 0
/dev/loop0 /media/cdrom udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kugzu,rw 0 0
/dev/cdrom /media/cdrom udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kugzu,rw 0 0
and a few others.

I get errors like:
[root at localhost ~]# mount /media/cdrom
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0,
(could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)
dmesg | tail or so