[PLUG] (SOLVED) Removing OOo with yum ... or?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Nov 2 23:43:01 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 15:44:15 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> dijo:

I figured it out with the help of a kind soul who posted how he did it
on a Fedora forum. For the record:

su
rpm -qa | grep ooo > rmlist
rpm -qa | grep openoffice > rmlist
cat rmlist #check to be sure they are all OOo 3.1.1 packages (they were)
rpm -e 'cat rmlist'

Then I used the setup script that came with the new version. All is
well and 3.2.1 appears to be working fine. So far the only advantage I
see is that it can finally use OTF fonts that are based on Type 1 fonts
(e.g., everything from Adobe). I checked a couple of longstanding bugs
and they still are not fixed.

For my next adventure I will upgrade my Fedora 11 laptop to Fedora 13.