[PLUG] Odd partition has appeared

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Nov 7 06:02:24 UTC 2010

On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 20:33:16 -0700
Dale Snell <ddsnell at frontier.com> dijo:

>Anyway, you shouldn't have any trouble with the LV setup.  Hope
>this helped.

It helped. Thank you.

I just looked at the GUI again. It has a button for Expand Volume
Group, and a button for Remove Selected Physical Volume(s), but there
appears to be no way to shrink a volume with the GUI.

I also checked in Yumex and found lvm2, already installed. You run it
from the command line with "lvm." I didn't take time to explore its man
page (assuming there is one). I'm guessing that it is the only way to
shrink a volume at this time.