[PLUG] Marine battery safety...

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sun Nov 7 18:54:41 UTC 2010

Fine, but I never said that I have to sustain 200 amps.  I only
mentioned that as a if a buy a generator do I have to push 200
amps?  I am after backing up one 20 amp circuit.  Long term, I'm
thinking about a natural gas powered 8 KW generator.  That should
run 3 twenty amp circuits handily and almost a fully loaded 15 amp
light circuit as well.

Are marine batteries safe indoors?

How much ventilation is needed?

How do I figure out the amp hours of a particular marine battery?