[PLUG] Comparing files

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Wed Nov 10 05:49:57 UTC 2010

<Daniel.Roberts at sanofi-aventis.com> writes:

> Thanks
> But how do I get rsync on a winddoze system?
> Or are you speaking of using it via Cygqin?

You can get rsync on Windows using any of the "Services for UNIX", Cygwin, or
MSYS solutions.  Theoretically, I think, you could also natively compile it
since it is fairly POSIX-portable, but I don't know anyone who did.

I would personally recommend SFU as your first stop, then MSYS, then finally
Cygwin, but YMMV.

Given you were posting to a Linux list, though, I imagine most people
envisioned this being a Linux question and all.

        Daniel