[PLUG] Fedora Core 1 and LFS 6.5...

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sat Nov 13 03:05:40 UTC 2010

Has anyone successfully built Linux from scratch on a Fedora Core 1
system using version 6.5 instructions?  I'm running into trouble getting
gcc-4.4.3 to compile.  If anyone wonders why I am trying to compile LFS
on a Fedora Core 1 system, I am trying to build on an AMD K6-2 500
system.  Go too recent in the Fedora line, this processor isn't
supported.  As it is, the system is quite slow.  I have Fedora Core 3
and Fedora Core 5, but I wonder if they will be too slow let alone new
enough to make this work?

Can I cheat somehow and compile a compatible system on a quad core
system?