[PLUG] Determining IP information for eth1...failed.

Kyle Tobin tobin.kyle at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 00:12:22 UTC 2010

Hey folks!

I'm running Fedora Core 13 in VMware Workstation and I'm having a little bit
of networking trouble.

I've added a second adapter named eth1 to a dhcp server however it fails to
receive an ip address on boot.  The boot.log shows "Determining IP
information for eth1...failed."   After booting the machine I run ifconfig
and see only my eth0 adapter.  At this point I can do ifconfig eth1 up then
stop and restart networking to bring up the eth1 adapter and give it an IP
address however this is not an ideal situation.  I'd much rather have both
adapters be addressed properly at boot.

Below is a copy of the config scripts for each interface.  Any help spared
is much appreciated!

Thank you!

DEVICE=eth0

HWADDR=00:0C:29:D0:53:A7