[PLUG] Determining IP information for eth1...failed.

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 00:32:55 UTC 2010

>  At this point I can do ifconfig eth1 up then stop and restart networking
> to bring up the eth1 adapter and give it an IP address however this is not
> an ideal situation.

So as I understand it, you're manually addressing eth1 to establish ip
connectivity on that interface? If that's true what happens when you try to
bring up eth1 via DHCP after the machine has booted and eth0 has ip
connectivity?

Also, do eth0 and eth1 both have ip addresses on the same subnet as your
dhcp server? I wonder what would happen if you bring up eth0 via dhcp 1st
and then have the static ip addr on eth1.