[PLUG] Determining IP information for eth1...failed.

Matt McKenzie lnxknight at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 02:49:20 UTC 2010

I will jump in.
I am basing this on VirtualBox, which may be different from VMWare.

Have you configured the settings in the VMWare instance for a second NIC?

I know at least in VirtualBox, you need to configure the settings for the
NIC(s) you have, so the guest OS can "see" the virtual hardware.
If you install the guest OS and have only 1 NIC configured in the settings,
then later decide to add a 2nd NIC, you would have to update the VM
configuration settings and reboot the guest OS.

Matt M.
LinuxKnight