[PLUG] photo stitching SW?

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 21:53:15 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 03:57:11PM -0800, Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> > What photo stitching software do people recommend?
>
> LWN did a Hugin article recently: http://lwn.net/Articles/412977/
>
> I've had OK results with Hugin.
> The most pleasant software I've used is Autopano (now commercial SW).
>
> Thanks for the link to the review.

I used the assistant to generate three panoramas from 3 or 4 shots.  I am
quite pleased with the results.  It is clear from the review and the
tutorials that I need to spend more time in understanding how to use the
program for more custom results and more exotic tasks, but this is a big
step up from what I had used before.  (Synaptic provided Version
2009.2.0.4461.  Even so, I am impressed.)

-Denis