[PLUG] Projector frustration

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Nov 20 04:30:53 UTC 2010

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 18:54:47 -0800
Galen Seitz <galens at seitzassoc.com> dijo:

>Here's an off the wall suggestion for the projector problem:
>
>Connect a known to work laptop to the projector.
>
>Connect John's laptop to the working laptop with a network cable.
>
>Configure with a static IP on both ends.
>
>ssh -X from the working laptop to John's laptop.
>
>Run desired application(s).

What if the "known to work" laptop is running at, say, 1280x1024, and
therefore it syncs with the projector just fine. But my screen is
1680x1050, and my video driver does not support 1280x1024?

The projector is capable of 1600x1200. Due to the nature of the
presentation I need to squeeze pixels out of it until it screams.