[PLUG] dynamic DNS services

Bill Barry bill at billbarry.org
Sun Nov 21 23:19:19 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Carlos Konstanski <
ckonstanski at pippiandcarlos.com> wrote:

> I'm looking to lower that pesky monthly cable bill by switching from a
> static IP to a dynamic one. But I still need it work work like a static IP,
> i.e. my DNS names (plural) still need to resolve. So I'm looking at
> services
> like DynDNS.com. Any recommendations for the best one?
>
> Carlos

I use everydns.net, which was recently acquired by DynDNS.com. So now I
think you have to get the account through DynDNS. I have never had any
problems with their service. I think the free service requires that you use
a sub-domain of one of their domains, but the paid service will let you use
your own domain name.

Bill