[PLUG] Lambda Calculus and Linux...

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Wed Nov 24 06:19:06 UTC 2010

Hugs seems to be for Windows.  I thought there were some Linux releases,
but is there another route?  I need to learn the rules of Lambda
Calculus and solve some problems related to that before Tuesday.
The Hopcroft book we are using at PSU has a lot to be desired.

Another thing, universal turing machines and computability is kinda
going over my head at the moment.  Seems to me that computability
is the whole entire point of the course where a universal turing machine
is supposed to represent programmable computers or machines that can do
more than one thing based on what they are given as input.  Is it just
me, or is there too much information in PSU's CS311 course in general?

Any advice on getting online help to learn Lambda Calculus and
understand UTMs would be very much appreciated ;-)