[PLUG] External monitor remains black

Bill Barry bill at billbarry.org
Sun Nov 28 07:38:22 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 10:12 PM, John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net>wrote:

> I have a Thinkpad T61 with nVidia Quadro NVS 140M running Fedora 14
> x86_64 (Gnome). After several days of googling and fiddling I managed to
> get the laptop display (normally 1680x1050) to run at 1400x1050, using
> the nouveau driver.
>

> Google and I are both out of ideas. Any suggestions welcome.

Did you follow the instructions about creating a clean xorg.conf described
here
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Xorg_RandR_1.2

Or maybe you have a hardware problem. Did you give the monitor connector a
good inspection?

Or you could drop the xrandr method and drop back to manually configuring
xorg.conf
http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/X.Org/Dual_Monitors/Nvidia

Bill