[PLUG] External monitor remains black

Jason Barnett jason.barnett71 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 23:59:08 UTC 2010

FYI, it is possible to force X to read the edid from a file instead of the
monitor.  Had to do this for a couple of years with my Viewsonic monitor,
finally I modified my monitor's firmware to match what the driver was
wanting (different checksum) and have not had any problems sense.

If you want details, let me know and I'll dig through my notes as I have
forgotten the syntax for doing this..
Jason