[PLUG] External monitor remains black

Matt McKenzie lnxknight at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 06:52:14 UTC 2010

Hello,

Following this thread, something occurs to me, and sorry if this has been
discussed already.
Is it possible the video out on the laptop is not functioning properly?  As
in it doesn't actually output a good video signal, even though the monitor
senses there is something there (doesn't show "no signal" anymore)?

It sounds like you have tested a few different OS'es with a few different
monitors.
It is still possible of course it is just a nouveau issue.

I would suggest trying a few more different live CDs.  Have you tried
Knoppix with the same monitor(s)?
You may also want to try a live bootable CD of that "other" OS, something
along the lines of BartPE [1]
(bootable live Windows CD for repairs and such).

[1] http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Matt M.
LinuxKnight