[PLUG] Firefox: Same Version, Different Behaviors

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 30 01:12:42 UTC 2010

   I've tried searching with Google and looked at the mozilla pages on
config:about without finding why firefox-3.6.12 behaves differently on my
laptop than it does on the desktop.

   Both are set to open to a blank page. The desktop installation does this.
The laptop version comes up with a hokey message about being embarrassed in
not being able to restore the previous session. I cannot find anything in
Edit->Preferences to turn that off.

   On the desktop (and on my previous Sony Vaio notebook), clicking on the
address bar and pressing ctrl-u cleared the URL and left the cursor at the
left end ready for typing of a new address. Clicking in the body of the page
and pressing ctrl-u displays a window with the page source code. On the Dell
laptop I get the source code displayed even when I click in the address
window. I see nothing in Edit-Preferences that appears to control this
behavior, either.

   I'd appreciate learning how to change the behavior on the Dell, learn more
effective Google search terms, or learn about a mozilla page that explains
how to control these two behaviors.