[PLUG] Ubuntu 10.10 and Apache2 configuration files

frankhunt fh-linux at comcast.net
Sun Oct 3 22:24:59 UTC 2010

  On 10/03/2010 03:09 PM, wes wrote:
> try sudo httpd2 -S or apache2 -S
>
> this should give you a list of hosts it's configured for, and which
> config file it read the config for that host from.
>
> -wes
>
> On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Linux Guy <fh-linux at comcast.net
> <mailto:fh-linux at comcast.net>> wrote:
>
>      Probably not specifically a 10.10 issue, but perplexing nonetheless:
>     here's the deal . . .
>     for legacy reasons my website DocumentRoot  is /web/httpd/htdocs/
>      -- no
>     matter what I change in the apache2 configuration files
>     (/etc/apache2/apache2.conf, /etc/apache2/sites-available/default) the
>     server tries to go to /etc/apache2/htdocs.  My question is - where is
>     apache2 getting this incorrect config?  I have scoured my system
>     looking
>     for places that this config info may be hiding but cannot find it.
>     ServerRoot is set to /web/httpd (which contains the log files) but
>     there
>     is nothing in either access_log or error_log so that pointer is not
>     working wither.  I need to get this server stood up soon - anybody got
>     any ideas here?
>
>     --
>     frank hunt
>     (L0F) R0B-ZAR1
>     befuddled linux admin
>     erstwhile photographer
>     hillsboro oregon

#server5:/root=> apache2 -S
VirtualHost configuration:
192.168.0.199:*        is a NameVirtualHost
          default server www.myhost.com
(/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default:2)
          port * namevhost www.myhost.com
(/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default:2)
Syntax OK

Looks like it is looking in the right file in the right directory.
FYI, These config files, in fact the entire /etc/apache2 directory are
EXACTLY the same as on the four other servers here.  Three are Debian
(2-5.0, 1-4.0) and one is Ubuntu 10.4.  They all work just fine.  Wonder
if there is some weirdness introduced by 10.10?

--
frank hunt
(L0F) R0B-ZAR1