[PLUG] anybody got an Acer Aspire 4810T power adapter?

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Thu Oct 14 08:21:14 UTC 2010

I've got a salvaged version of an Acer Aspire 4810T laptop, but the
power cable doesn't seem to be putting out juice.  In an case, plugged
in, it doesn't power on.  No sounds, no lights, no nuthin.  I wonder
if someone else with a working power adapter might be willing to meet
me somewhere mutually convenient and I can plug it in and see if
that's my problem.

If it's just a matter of spending $N on a power adapter to get another
working laptop, that might be worth it.  But spending $N on something
that remains a brick is less appealing.

While investigating the plug, I noticed that there are three
conductors in the cable.  A "signal" (so-labelled on the converter
board) wire runs down the center.  I don't know if the signaling goes
from the ac/dc brick to the laptop or from the laptop to the ac/dc
brick, neither or both.  Otherwise, it's center pin positive.  It's a
19V 4.32A adapter.

Thanks in advance!

--
Russell Senior, President