[PLUG] Firefox and Wells Fargo

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Oct 15 03:16:56 UTC 2010

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 18:58:41 -0700
Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> dijo:

>Sometime between 2 weeks ago and today, Wells Fargo online banking
>stopped working with Firefox and my Linux system.  The page:
>
>http://www.wellsfargo.com/help/wfonline/browsertest
>
>reports "Your browser is: Default 7.6.4" and suggests I
>upgrade it.  I get the same response from Linux and Firefox
>3.5.5, 3.6.0, 3.6.9, and 3.6.10 .
>
>Opera 10.10 works, reporting "Your browser is: Firefox 2.0.0"
>Opera 10.63 works, reporting "Your browser is: Firefox 3.5.6"
>
>Calling Wells Fargo and their webmail are both pretty useless.
>Anybody else want to try?

I have a Wells Fargo account and I access it constantly with Firefox
3.5.9 (currently) on my Fedora 11 x86_64 computer. Previously I used
earlier versions of Firefox on Fedora and Ubuntu. For years I have never
had a problem.

I go to:

https://online.wellsfargo.com/das/cgi-bin/session.cgi?sessargs=XQjRwib_pBO0gYgTb54EBeePpzn0Zou7

And click on "sign on again," then enter my username and pass. It has
always just worked. In fact, I did it just now.