[PLUG] Lost gpm Cut-and-Paste

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Oct 20 16:51:45 UTC 2010

   Here's another new experience for me. On the desktop after the OS upgrade
the mouse (trackball, actually) no longer cuts and pasts either in virtual
consoles or across windows. I've read the man page, the page on gpm in the
"Linux in a Nutshell" book, and tried Google searches ('linux gpm no
cut-and-paste' and similar) with no joy.

   I've also tried changing the mouse type from imps2 to ps2 but that makes
no difference. This is frustrating as using the device to transfer text both
within a single virtual console and between them is a task I perform dozens
of times each day.

   Suggestions, please.