[PLUG] Firefox Version Matters After OS Upgrade [SOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Oct 21 15:29:14 UTC 2010

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   I've asked about this issue on the Slackware mail list, but the one
> responder had no insight or solution. I'm confident that the collective
> wisdom and intelligence here can help me resolve the issue.

   Another list member saw the problem when I posted the output of ldd. Turns
out that libsafe.so was left over from 2003 (obviously missed removing it
when it was put in the pasture) so that package and /etc/ld.so.preload were
the problem.

   I removed the package, the preload file, and now firefox-3.6.11 quickly
loads and runs.

   Whew!