[PLUG] Warcraft II BNE and wine...

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sun Oct 24 04:06:30 UTC 2010

It works on my Fedora 13 x86_64 system, but not in full screen mode.

I would be running the proprietary Catalyst driver for my AMD video
card, but that seems to break everything.

If I try to turn off the emulate 800 x 600 option in wine configuration
I end up with a 1/3rd of the screen, the right half,
showing up on the left half of my screen.  Obviously, the game is
not playable when 2/3rds of the screen is off of the monitor.
Anyone know how to fix this without resorting to the Catalyst
driver (breaks everything as far as I can tell).

Is there a hidden registry setting in wine or something else I can do
that will simply fix this?

Another question, what is the alternative for people using Wine to
turning selinux off?