[PLUG] erratic website loads

Fred James fredjame at fredjame.cnc.net
Fri Oct 29 11:26:33 UTC 2010

Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> Using Google Chrome I often have the message at the bottom left "waiting for
> www.<site name>, yet the lights on my DSL modem indicate no traffic.  The
> "X" shown on the top line indicates that a new site is being sought/loaded.
>  After waiting for a minute or so in this state, I click on the "X" and then
> click on the reload arrow which replaces the "X".  Often the new page loads
> immediately.  It is as if there are multiple paths to the site, and I get a
> blocked path on first try.
>
> Question:
>
> Does this indicate a problem with my ISP, a problem with Chrome, or
> something else?  Is there any kind of a fix?
>
> Thanks,
> -Denis

Denis Heidtmann
I don't believe the behavior described is specific to chrome, and I have
been told it is a problem with the target server, or possibly some part
of the path in between ... in any case, it most probably (but not
necessarily) has to do with something being overloaded.
That is all guess work of course, and may be of not use to you
Regards
Fred James