[PLUG] redhat 7.3

Daniel B. Herrington dherrington at robertmarktech.com
Fri Oct 29 14:30:20 UTC 2010

All,

I've been attempting to get redhat 7.3 installed for a day now, and I
keep getting errors after inserting disk2. Initially it was with the
xscreensaver package, and so I've removed X from the packages to
install. Now I'm getting an issue installing ypbind. It tells me this is
due to missing file, bad package, or bad media.

I downloaded the media from
ftp://archive.download.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/7.3/en/iso/ and
verified all three iso files. I looked on google but to no avail.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can get this installed? 7.2
installed fine, but the kernel is too old to drop Sybase ASE 12.5 on. It
seemed like installing 7.3 would be easier than upgrading the kernel on
7.2.

thanks,
--
Daniel B. Herrington