[PLUG] Ubuntu question

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Fri Sep 3 07:34:22 UTC 2010

Craig Wojcik <ccwojcik09 at comcast.net> sent me the following question.
I don't use Ubuntu very often and don't know the answer off hand and
don't have time to do research on this at the moment.

Would some Ubuntu user answer Craigs question for me.
Send the answer directly to Craig as he isn't (yet) a PLUG member.

THE QUESTION IS:

David,

I am the person that spoke to you at the fair today about VBasic,
parallel port control of step motors etc.  I just installed Ubuntu on
a Win 7 computer to run as a choice on the initial startup.  It comes
up with a window for a name and password entry.  I tried to enter a
password of my choice and used my name but I can not get anything to
go forward from that point.  Is there an initial name/password
combination that I need to get things going?

Regards,
Craig

Thank you,

David Mandel