[PLUG] http://localhost still mis-configured

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at cyber-office.net
Fri Sep 3 23:25:53 UTC 2010

Rich Shepard wrote:
>    I've not found the appropriate Google search term for this situation and I
> hope one of you can point me to the appropriate doc so I can learn how to
> fix the problem.
>
>    When I point firefox to http://localhost/drupal-sqlite/install.php,
> http://localhost/elxis/install.php, or http://localhost/phpinfo.php I see
> the file contents rather than having it run. When I point the browser to
> http://localhost/appl-ecosys/index.shtml the home page of my web site
> displays.
>
>    I can invoke php interactively from the command line. What might be
> missing or mis-configured to cause this result?

It's starting to look like Apache isn't completely configured to serve
php scripts.

On a CentOS 5 box I admin there is a config file named php.conf in
/etc/httpd/conf.d with these "php" lines (found with grep).

LoadModule php5_module modules/libphp5.so
LoadModule php5_module modules/libphp5-zts.so

AddHandler php5-script .php

AddType text/html .php
DirectoryIndex index.php

 From your message I think you're missing AddHandler