[PLUG] CentOS upgrade trouble...

Larry Brigman larry.brigman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 22:46:00 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Michael C. Robinson
<plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:
> I'm having trouble getting spamcannibal working, so I decided to upgrade
> from 4.6 Final to 5.5 Final.  A strange issue has popped up.  When I go
> to restart the network interfaces I get a SIOCADDRT network is
> unreachable error.  What having to do with an upgrade would cause this?
> Oddly enough, networking seems to be working just fine despite the
> error.

We see this when the default gateway device is not reachable from the default
interface.

There is also the possibility that SELINUX which is on by default in
5.5 could be causing problems.
Possible but not likely.  A bunch of other stuff would be spamming the
log files if that was the case.