[PLUG] CentOS upgrade trouble...

Larry Brigman larry.brigman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 02:07:50 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Michael C. Robinson
<plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:
> Okay, solved the network startup issue by explicitly indicating a
> gateway for each network interface in the ifcfg-ethn files instead
> of one gateway in /etc/sysconfig/network.

Only need one as a default route.  If there are others those go into
route-<ifname>

> One odd problem left, on boot I get a cannot find usb 2-1 messages
> even though nothing is plugged in to the usb ports.  During the
> upgrade I had a dvd burner plugged into the usb, but I have since
> taken it off.

That is because it probably has an alias reference in /etc/modprobe.conf

> Another area of trouble is getting the spamcannibal local web site to
> work.  Every time I try http://xerxes.robinson-west.com/tarpit/ I get
> a 403 forbidden message.  Nothing in the logs beyond that, so I am
> having a heck of a time troubleshooting it.

Even from localhost?
Maybe the httpd configs didn't get moded/upgraded as needed.  There are areas of
packages that may have changed.